Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows our borrowers to request items from Indiana libraries or libraries across the country. If WCPL does not own a particular item, our Library can request it through a worldwide network of libraries. The item is then sent to WCPL for the borrower to use.
There are some restrictions on the ILL service:
- We can request books, audiobooks, and music cassettes and CDs, but not videos or DVDs.
- Mailing fees are charged for materials from out-of-state libraries. A normal-sized fiction title usually costs around $2.85. Fees of $1.00 per item/per day will be charged on overdue items.
- Libraries typically will not send any title that has been published less than 6 months ago. Please use a Suggestion for Purchase form if you are interested in a new title.
- The ILL service typically takes at least two weeks.
- A borrower may have up to 5 active requests at any given time.
- Any borrower using the ILL service must have a valid WCPL library card with less than $5.00 in fines. PLAC cardholders should use their home library for ILL service.
Stop at the Reference Desk, or call 574-267-6011, if you are interested in requesting a title through ILL.