Internet Guide: Consumer Information
- Emergency Preparedness
& Response - info from the CDC. This sites covers disaster and weather
emergencies from earthquakes & volcanoes to tornadoes & winter weather.
It includes tips on how to prepare, info for evacuees, and what to do after the
Disaster Assistance - for individuals after a declared disaster. What you
need before you apply, how to apply, and what to do afterwards.
Online - from the Social Security Office - apply for benefits, calculate
benefits, plan your retirement.
- Self-Service Legal
Center - a few court forms from the Indiana Supreme Court, including a name
- Cooking Conversions - how
many ounces in a liter or cups in a quart.
Citizen Information Center (FCIC) - Free consumer information from the US
- Indiana Legal
Services - a nonprofit law firm that provides free legal assistance to
eligible low-income people throughout the state of Indiana. The site includes
where to find legal help, a variety of pamphlets on legal issues, and basic
information on many Indiana laws.
- Better Business Bureau
- Before you invest or give, check on over 2 million charity and business
organizations. You can also file complaints about unscrupulous companies.
- Indiana Attorney General's Office
- Indiana's Do-Not-Call list, unclaimed property, prescription price finder,
consumer recalls, and more.
- National Do Not
- Indiana Sex and Violent Offender
- Consumer Product
Safety Commission - provdes safefty tips and product information for
consumers. Includes recall announcements and product safety alerts.
Credit Report - the site to access your yearly free credit report
- Opt-Out Prescreen - opt out of
mailed credit card offers and insurance offers.
- Consumer Reports Online -
free access with a WCPL card.
- Epinions - consumer reviews and
product information for lots of products
- Resellerratings.com - current
and up-to-date product and online store reviews by actual purchasers.
Frequencies - Warsaw area
- Whitley County Amateur Radio Club Inc. -
A non profit educational and scientific group of individuals of all ages, open
to anyone that is interested in Amateur Radio, no matter where they reside.
- the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics
about financial education. Whether you are planning to buy a home, balancing
your checkbook, or investing in your 401k, the resources on MyMoney.gov can help
you do it better.